Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Book Review-I'm Thinking Of Ending Things

So, you meet a guy in a bar.  He seems nice, works in a lab, enjoys doing the things you like to do.  Sounds perfect?  Well, maybe.  The narrator of I'm thinking of ending things tells the story of going to visit the boyfriend, Jake's, parents.  During the trip she tells the story of their meeting and dating.  Occasionally she and Jake talk.  Even though things seem to be going well, she is thinking the relationship is over.  There doesn't seem to be anything specific that is making her think this, but she can't get it out of her head.
Then they get to his parent's house.  All is not right in this world and it's about to get even weirder.  You'll want to read this book with the lights on.
I liked it because it had a lot of creepiness and a great unreliable narrator.  The ending will blow your mind.  I read the audiobook version, which after reading some other reviews, helped in understanding what was going on.  People who read the print version reported having to go back a few pages to understand the ending.  I thought it was well written and it certainly kept my interest up.  A couple of other reviewers have suggested reading it twice.  I haven't done that, but it would probably help a lot in understanding everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment