Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vote Today!

Vote Today!: From GovGab: "vote
You know that it’s Election Day, right? If you got as many political mailings and phone calls as I have, you can’t miss it. I have to say that the day after an election I’m always a little relieved to know that the TV ads and phone calls are finally done.

Did you vote yet? Are you planning to vote? I’m going to vote during my lunch break today. I always look forward to voting, even if sometimes it doesn’t end up the way I want it to. I don’t like to leave these important decisions up to everyone else. Most people only vote every 4 years for the presidential election, but the mid-term elections are important too. Remember that it’s not only the President that decides the course of the country. The U.S. Congress, and your state and local government play a huge role in how money is spent and services are delivered in your community.

I hope you’re going to vote today. I’m counting on all our good looking and highly intelligent GovGab readers to weigh in on the future of our country. If you’re not sure when your polling place is open, check on the hours because they vary from state to state.

If you feel that you’ve been discriminated against or witness voter fraud at a polling place, there’s something you can do about it. The Voting Rights Act of 1965 protects every American against racial discrimination in voting. The law also protects the voting rights of people with limited English skills.

If you have information about voter fraud, you should contact the nearest office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) or your local U.S. Attorney’s office, or the U.S. Department of Justice.


If you know of activities that intimidate, coerce, threaten, or oppress voters based on race, color, religion, or national origin, report it to the U.S. Department of Justice.


Now get out and vote!
"

No comments:

Post a Comment