Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Traditions

Halloween Traditions: From GovGab: "A group of kids at a Halloween partyEvery year, a few days before Halloween, I pull out my Halloween-appropriate movies and have a movie marathon. This year, I will enjoy a little Halloween comedy by watching Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker in Hocus Pocus. Bette Midler is divine performing “I Put a Spell on You.” I love the movie Ghost featuring the late Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore and Whoopi Goldberg, and I try to watch it every Halloween. I am a bit of a romantic, so this movie makes me cry every time. I will also, undoubtedly, stick to my other Halloween tradition… eat all of the candy that I purchased to give to the kids and then make a mad dash to the store to get more candy.

This year, the USA.gov team has put together a brand new USA.gov Halloween page and we hope that checking out our page will become a new Halloween tradition for many of you. We’ve researched topics such as Halloween Safety, Halloween Facts and Fun, Especially for Kids, the History of Halloween, and Halloween Recipes. We’ve listed what we consider to be the best resources. If you are looking for information on any of these topics, why not start at our new Halloween page?


As the Friday blogger, for the past two years it has been my good fortune to have the tradition of writing about Halloween. Being a government blogger, we sometimes blog on very serious topics and let’s face it, sometimes the information that we are sharing may be on topics that people wish they didn’t have to think about, so holidays are cherished among the GovGab bloggers. They are a chance for us to let our hair down a little. In 2008, Halloween was on
Friday and I wrote Happy Halloween Ghouls and Boos. In 2009, it was on Saturday and I wrote My Halloween Revenge. With Halloween falling on a Sunday this year, it will be my last opportunity to write about it. Next year it will be a topic for the Monday blogger and so I pass the torch, but before I say “goodbye” completely to Halloween, please drop me a line and share your Halloween traditions.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment