Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Help With Prescription Drug Costs

Help With Prescription Drug Costs: From GovGab:
"hundred dollar bill inside a pill bottleI remember picking up a prescription for my mother last year. The voice coming out of the speaker at the drive-through pharmacy said it would be “eight sixty three.” “Eight dollars?” I asked, because I was afraid that he might mean eight hundred and sixty three dollars.
Right now I’m fortunate because nobody in my family takes prescription drugs regularly, but I know many families that are not so fortunate. $300 for a bottle of pills, $800 for a tube of ointment – prescription drugs can be shockingly expensive!
Many times senior citizens are hardest hit with drug costs because they generally have more prescriptions and many live on fixed incomes. If you’re enrolled in the Medicare prescription drug program and having trouble making the co-payments, there is extra help available to pay for Medicare prescription drug program.
Even if you’re not a senior citizen, assistance is out there and there may be a program to help you with your drug costs."

No comments:

Post a Comment