Thursday, April 29, 2010

Summer Vacations on a Budget

Summer Vacations on a Budget: From LifeHacker: "beach chairAs we inch closer to summer, all I can think about is the awesome vacations I want to take. I picture myself spending weeks at the beach, lounging in the sun, listening to the waves roll in.

And then I'm yanked back to reality. I can't actually spend weeks and weeks relaxing at the beach. Hotels are expensive!

So instead, I'm going to make the best use of my weekends, and with some budget-minded travel tips, I won't break the bank.

I've been itching to get out to Great Falls National Park to hike the trails and enjoy the views of the waterfalls. National Parks are an extremely budget-friendly form of entertainment and can be a great way to get your family outside enjoying the weather. Check the National Parks website to look for different parks and activities in your area.

In my research for budget-friendly things to do this summer, I hadn't expected to add amusement parks to my list of possibilities, but because of the economy, some parks are offering really cheap tickets or other special deals. It's been way too long since a roller coaster has flipped me upside down, so that might be on the agenda too.

If you're looking to travel this summer, make sure to check out Fueleconomy.gov for a list of the cheapest gas prices in your area. With gas nearing $3 per gallon around here, I know it's something I'm going to pay extra attention to this summer.

What's your best tip for summer vacations on a budget?"

No comments:

Post a Comment