Monday, January 11, 2010

National Influenza Vaccination Week 2010

National Influenza Vaccination Week 2010: From GovGab
Flu shot picture"Have you gotten a seasonal or H1N1 flu vaccine yet? If not, this would be a good week to get one since it's National Influenza Vaccination Week.
Though seasonal flu can peak as early as October or as late as March, it generally peaks in January or February. This is why I get my flu shot every year in late September or early October.
What complicates the current 2009-2010 flu season is the H1N1 virus. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the majority of the cases of flu during this season have been H1N1. Last fall, it was very hard to find an H1N1 vaccine. I saw this firsthand when the middle school near me had an H1N1 flu shot clinic for children and the line for it had to be at least a quarter mile long. This shouldn't be a problem anymore though. The CDC reports that there are over 100 million H1N1 vaccines available.
CDC says that the number of H1N1 cases has gone down but the virus is unpredictable and could return again. I admit that I still need to get my H1N1 vaccine. If you don't know where to go, Flu.gov's searchable flu shot clinic locator lets you find both seasonal and H1N1 shots.
Have you gotten your seasonal and H1N1 vaccines yet?

"

No comments:

Post a Comment