Thursday, January 28, 2010

Free Tax Filing

Free Tax Filing: From GovGab: "taxesI got my W2 in the mail the other day, which meant only one thing: A quick phone call to my mom the accountant to ask her to help me with my taxes.

But mom, being the smart person that she is, decided I should probably try to do my taxes myself, so she told me about www.irs.gov/freefile, a website that helps people file their taxes for free if they meet certain income requirements.

There's a little quiz that asks you some questions such as age, estimated gross annual income, whether or not you're married, and then it suggests a list of possible free software tools that will help you fill out your federal taxes forms.

For someone like me, fairly new to the work world and a complete newbie at filing taxes, an option like this is really helpful.

For more information about filing your taxes, including information on the new rules that will let you claim Haiti donations on your 2009 returns, you can check the IRS website.

How do you prepare your taxes? Do you use a software program, an accountant, or file by hand?"

No comments:

Post a Comment